C1264 PAOH BAN slide 1
Home Services Dental Implants Caring for your Dental Implants

Caring for Your Dental Implants
Palo Alto, CA

Implants in Palo Alto provided by , , and at

Woman smiling from Palo Alto Oral Health in Palo Alto , CA Are you about to get dental implants? Do you want to know how to care for your dental implants?

Use a Soft Nylon Brush

While using a soft-bristled brush is always recommended, it becomes an integral aspect of cleaning your teeth following a dental implant because the use of toothbrushes with hard bristles can scratch the surface of your implants. It is best to rely on the use of a soft nylon brush as nylon bristles are gentle on your dental

Avoid Use of Abrasive Toothpaste or Mouthwash

Dental implants are artificial structures that may be sensitive to abrasive products, including toothpaste and mouthwash. Another critical aspect of caring for your dental implants is to avoid using abrasive toothpaste and mouthwash as much as possible following getting a dental implant.

Floss Regularly

Flossing is an essential part of your oral hygiene routine, yet only 16% of American adults floss daily. If you are a part of the other 84% of adults who aren't flossing, it's time to change the habit once you get dental implants.

With dental implants, brushing and flossing become more important as plaque can accumulate around your implants. And while your dental implants do not get cavities, you can still develop gum disease if you do not floss and brush regularly.

Avoid the Use of Hard and Sticky Foods

With dental implants, you can eat the food you like; however, certain foods can cause damage to your dental implants as well as other natural teeth in your oral cavity. It is best to avoid the use of hard and sticky foods after getting implants. Some of the foods to avoid include:
•  Caramel,
•  Hard candies
•  Ice
•  Crusty bread, such as French bread

By avoiding these foods, you can keep your dental implants and other natural teeth in great shape for a lifetime.

Avoid Smoking and Use of Alcohol

While it is always a good idea to avoid smoking, and consume alcohol in limited quantities, it is particularly important to avoid smoking and alcohol following a dental implant. Getting a dental implant is a long-term procedure that can take anywhere from six months to one year, and when you smoke during this period, it can negatively affect your oral health and the success of your dental implant. Moreover, alcohol consumption is linked to the slowed healing process. It is best to avoid alcohol as much as possible following a dental implant.

Schedule Regular Visits to the Dentist

Dental implants are the most effective solution for the replacement of missing teeth. However, there is no alternative to regular dental checkups. It is best to schedule a dental checkup at least twice a year with or without dental implants, and it becomes more significant when you have dental implants. With proper care and regular visits to the dentist, you can look forward to your dental implants serving you for a lifetime.

If you are around Palo Alto looking for dental implants, schedule your checkup by calling Palo Alto Oral Health today at (650) 321-9693!

Thank you for trusting us with your oral health. Give us a call at (650) 321-9693 .

C1264 PAOH button for location at double resolution
2875 Middlefield Rd Suite #1
Palo Alto, CA 94306-2548

C1264 PAOH button for phone at double resolution (650) 321-9693
Palo Alto Oral Health | paloaltooralhealth.com | (650) 321-9693
2875 Middlefield Rd Suite #1, Palo Alto, CA 94306
Copyright © 2018-2024 Palo Alto Oral Health and WEO Media (Touchpoint Communications LLC). All rights reserved.  Sitemap
Caring for Dental Implants - Palo Alto, CA • Palo Alto Oral Health
Palo Alto Oral Health, 2875 Middlefield Rd Suite #1, Palo Alto, CA 94306 + (650) 321-9693 + paloaltooralhealth.com + 7/18/2024 + Key Phrases: dentist Palo Alto CA +